White Chocolate and Raspberry Oatmeal Cookies
Ok, I’m not going to lie..... my obsession with food and cooking is getting 1000 times worse during lockdown. I’m trawling through social media and the internet, seeking out new ideas and inspiration for all my Swim Bake Run recipes and there just aren’t enough meals in the day.
Similarly, we are adhering to the government guidelines to the letter which means Ive run out people to give my baking to! Inevitably, this means we are eating what I bake between just me and my husband..... whoops.
This just means I’m channeling my energy mainly into meals but I really really wanted to bake some cookies. We had some raspberries and I ALWAYS have a stash of chocolate for baking so here is my recipe. It’s a tweak on my forever favourite Oaty Nut Butter and Banana cookies and Makes about 20 cookies. if your raspberries are fresh, they’ll last 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
White Chocolate and Raspberry Oatmeal cookies
Ingredients 75g honey
2 tbsp nut butter
1 over ripe medium banana- mashed
30g melted coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
170g rolled oats
100g white chocolate chips (or a bar chopped into chunks)
100g raspberries, chopped in half
1. Preheat the oven to 165°C
2. Add all the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix together (honey, nut butter, mashed banana, coconut oil, egg and vanilla).
3. Add the baking powder, salt, oats and white chocolate and stir together until fully combined.
Gently fold in the raspberries.
4. On non stick baking trays, take a tablespoon of the cookie mix, roll gently into a ball and press down gently on the baking tray to flatten a little.
5. Then bake in the oven for around 17-18 minutes until golden brown.
6. Leave to cool completely on the baking tray (if you can!)