I’ve named this recipe after that yummy tropical cocktail because it contains the same delicious ingredients (minus the rum) of coconut, pineapple and banana too. Also, it’s the closest I’m getting to a cocktail this side of Christmas so I’m taking it!!
The recipe is just a flavour twist on my Banana Nut Granola which has been used 100s of times and never ever fails to deliver. I’ve not changed the base recipe but I’ve mixed up the flavours to create a summery version for you to try.
I can eat this in handfuls straight out the jar but I love serving in my beautiful coconut bowls with plain yoghurt and fresh fruits including pineapple, mango, blueberries or strawberries. Perfect breakfast, brunch or afternoon snack to keep you fuelled and motivated to take on the world!
Pina Colada Granola
Makes 8-10 portions
Takes 10 mins prep and 30 mins cooking time Ingredients
3 cups rolled oats
3 Tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium ripe banana
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup chopped dried pineapple
1 cup toasted coconut shavings
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mash the banana in a medium sized bowl.
3. Add the coconut sugar (if using), salt, honey and vanilla and mix.
4. Tip in the oats and Dessicated coconut and fold gently together with a spatula. The mixture will clump together- this is good! Don’t over-mix!
5. Tip the mixture onto a large baking tray and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently turn the clusters around in the tray to ensure even baking. Bake for a further 15 minutes.
7. Allow to cool, scatter over the dried pineapple and coconut shavings and store in an airtight jar for up to 2 weeks.
Enjoy with yoghurt, milk or just grab a handful for snacks!