I’ve been completely addicted to my banana nut granola since I started making it. I control exactly what goes into it and it tastes amazing too. I love eating out and experimenting with new foods and savoury granola kept cropping up. used as toppers for soups and salads (as well as being perfect for snacking on, it adds texture and crunch and an extra punch in flavour.
So here is my recipe for Indian Spiced savoury granola. You could twist the spices for something more cajun if you wished but I think these flavours are pretty good as they are. This certainly won’t be the last variation of savoury granola I whip up so watch this space!
Indian Spiced Savoury Granola
Makes approx 1 small kilner jar of granola Ingredients
3 tbsp flax seed
65g mixed seeds
25g shelled pistachios
40g blanched almonds cut in half
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp coconut oil
6 tbsp water
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1. Heat oven to 180°C
2. Add everything to a large bowl and mix together well
3. Bake for 15 minutes on a large baking tray (I line mine with a silicone mat) until starting to go golden brown
4. Then using a spatula, gently scoop the granola on the outside to the inside of the tray and vice versa so everything cooked evenly.
5. Bake for a further 5-10 minutes
6. Leave to cool and store in an airtight container