Chocolate Cookie Cups
I absolutely love soft cookies and I do have a bit of a sweet tooth after a solid day of training (or sometimes just because I fancy it!). I’ve seen loads of recipes for cookie cups which I think are great because they are so versatile.
You could fill these with anything you fancy depending on what mood you’re in! I think s’mores is always a winning combination and my body composition is pretty much 50% nut butter so it made absolute sense to fill this batch with those! I like the idea of these warm out of the oven with ice cream which might be the desert for my next dinner party!
Training-wise they are pretty calorie dense (320 calories per cup if made with nut butter) so would be ideal for a pre workout pick me up or sustenance for a long ride!!! They’d fit neatly in my top bar bag and go down a treat To keep my legs powering through!
Or you can simply do what I did when I made this batch and enjoy them with your feet up and a giant cup of tea!
Chocolate Cookie cups
250g ground almonds
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g dark Chocolate chips
1/4 tsp salt
80ml maple syrup
75ml melted coconut oil
1tsp vanilla extract
Nut butter of choice
Chia jam or regular jam
100g dark chocolate chips (or a bar of chocolate finely chopped)
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Add all the cookie ingredients to a bowl and mix together until combined.
(I use a silicone cupcake pan for this but a standard 12 hole cupcake pan (non stick) will still work!)
3. Place a dollop of the cookie mix into each hole of the tin and flatten down.
4. Bake in the oven for 15-16 minutes (they will puff up a little and rise in the oven) until golden brown.
5. Whilst still hot, use a spoon to press a well into the middle. I use a measuring spoon as the shape of it makes it easy to press an even shaped hole into the cup!
6. Leave to cool completely.
7. Add the dark chocolate chips and the coconut oil into a microwaveable bowl and melt using 30 second bursts, stirring in between.
8. Add a small teaspoon of your filling to the well of the cookie cup and leave to settle and level out.
9. Top with a teaspoon of the melted Chocolate and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes before munching!