This recipe is pretty much an “all in one” mixture (once you’ve mashed the bananas) with minimal faff. Great to make even if you’re not a confident baker- the kids would love baking these too! A perfect recipe to have a healthy snack to hand for those peckish moments.
You can mess around with the extras in this. I like mine with raisins and blueberries but chocolate and raspberries would be epic too. Just make sure you only use around 100g in total.
These muffins will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Bet they don’t last that long though!
Banana Nut Butter Protein Muffins
3 Medium Ripe Bananas
100g Rolled Oats
150g Rolled pats blitzed into oat flour
125ml Melted coconut oil
4 tbsp nut butter
4 tbsp honey
50g vanilla protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp baking powder
50g chocolate chips for the topping
100g: dried raisins, fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries, more chocolate, chopped nuts (walnuts would work well)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth and then add the remaining ingredients. Fold together until combined.
3. Add the dried or fresh fruit if using and fold in gently.
4, Spoon into 12 muffin cases- about 70g per case.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
6. Leave to cool in the muffin tray